Sunday, July 5, 2009

Blown Away...

Okay friends and fans, this post is going to be a little bit different from some of my other posts. This one is going to be talking about a really classy lady that I have heard alot about from my sister, but I hadn't seen her actually perform. My sis told me how beautiful and sexy and just down right smokin' this little lady is for a very long time! And when I caught her on TV today, I was just like "Oh my gosh! She's everything Sis said she was and more!" Who am I talking about? Well, this answer may surprise some but I'm talking about none other than Ms. Dita Von Teese!! Yes the sexy little burlesque dancer, married to Mr. Manson himslef!

I have to tell you, I have always had an appreciation for the old pin-up girls, but my sister was what made me really just love their work. How you may ask? Well, for one thing she herself could easily pass for a modern day Bettie Page, and two she started collecting all this amazing old school pin-up memorabilia and in it was a book on some of the amazing art of the time and all this history! She would show me things, and tell me all this trivia and I was just getting wrapped up more and more into it! So where am I going with this? Well, I have to say that after seeing Ms. Dita Von Teese perform, I am just so excited that burlesque may have a huge chance of making a world sweeping come back. (I have to say, I really did not know that anyone was still performing burlesque shows....I feel dumb but excited!)

Okay, so enough of my stupid rant on the awesomeness that is pin-ups! Here is the link to Dita Von Teese's official website, I hope y'all enjoy! http://www.dita.net ***WARNING*** MAY CONTAIN EXPLICIT MATERIAL! ***WARNING***

Thanks again sis!!

And, yep, life is her ball!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, No I didn't get your voice mail! I am off all day tomorrow/today (Tuesday July, 7, 2009) so call me or something! Call my cell (can't talk long) or my house (it would use your minutes then, so not long there either!) I will email you my new home phone later! Love ya!
    C

    ReplyDelete